TERMS & CONDITIONS
Wests is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information visit www.privacy.gov.au
NEX (Newcastle Exhibition & Convention Centre) collects limited personal information such as title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and email address. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
• Join our Club;
• Use our service;
• Contact us for further information;
• Participate in surveys and other types of research (including Customer Comment Cards);
• Provide a service;
• Enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by NEX and other partners;
• Attend an event where we are an exhibitor;
• Register your details on our website;
• Express interest for a particular NEX service;
• Submit a job application or resumé;
• Report an incident or occurrence;
• Become an employee of NEX.
How we use your information
NEX uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, NEX uses personal information:
• To complete a transaction;
• To assist with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
• To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You are able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time;
• For planning, product development or research purposes;
• To contact you in relation to employment opportunities;
• To fulfil our obligations under either the Registered Clubs Act 1976 (as amended) or the Memorandum & Articles of Association of Western Suburbs (Ncle) Leagues Club Limited.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will only send personal information about you to other organisations when:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We are required or authorised by law to disclose this information.
Such information remains under NEX’s control at all times and the employees and other persons who may have access to your information are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Quality of personal information
NEX’s goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact
Club Reception, Human Resources or our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information.
Access to personal information
Should you wish to access your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer on 4935 1420.
If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please complete one of the following:
• Submit an “Opt-Out” card, please request a copy from our friendly NEX team.
• Select ‘Unsubscribe’ on electronic communications;
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Security and complaints
NEX is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration. Should you wish to lodge a complaint regarding the possible breach of the Australia Privacy Principles please contact the Privacy Officer in writing. On receipt of your complaint a review will be conducted and findings will be communicated to you where required.
Changes to this statement
For more information, please email email@example.com